- Vitamix, Blender or Food Processor (steel blade)
- 1 29 ounce can Chick Peas or 2 15 oz cans
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- ½ Cup Tahini Paste
- 1/3 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ Cup Warm Water
- 1 ½ tsp Ground Cumin
- ¼ tsp Kosher Salt and Black Pepper
- ¾ Cup fresh Lemon Juice 3-4 lemons
- Place all ingredients in a Vitamix, blender or food processor fitted with a steel blade and process until smooth.
- Taste for seasoning, and add more salt, pepper or lemon juice as you prefer.
- When serving, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle paprika or chopped fresh mint or parsley. Serve with pita wedges, pita chips, chunks of crusty bread, focaccia or vegetables.
- I prefer the Vitamix or blender as it makes a smoother hummus.
- If the mixure seizes up while processing, you may need to add a little more water or lemon juice.
- A crumble of Feta cheese and drizzle of Pomegranate Molasses is a tasty serving suggestion.
- For Roasted Red Pepper Hummus, add 2 roasted red peppers, peeled and seeded. You can use jarred peppers, but freshly roasted peppers on the grill create a fresher, smokier taste.
- Experiment with other combinations . . .add a 1/2 cup of Cilantro or Basil leaves (omit the cumin), a jalepeno pepper, pitted Kalamata Olives, etc.
Pingback: BACK IN BUSINESS! – KTINA'S KITCHEN