- 1 Cup Freshly squeezed Lime Juice
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Jalapeno pepper, seeds removed Fresh
- 1 Bunch Cilantro, leaves & stems, rinsed
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 pound Ahi Tuna, sushi grade
- 1 Avocado, cut into 1/2" cubes
- Place first 5 ingredients in a blender (Vitamix) and puree until smooth
- Cut tuna into 1/2" cubes and place in a glass or plastic bowl (not metal) and pour sauce over to coat entirely. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Add avocado and gently toss.
- Garnish with red onion slices and serve with tortilla chips.
- A super sharp knife is key to cutting the tuna. Placing in the freezer for 15 minutes will allow for easier slicing without tearing.
- Simply tear the cilantro from just above the rubber band or twist tie and rinse.
- This is best made just before you wish to serve, as the longer the fish sits in the marinade, the more it cooks.