BLOOD ORANGE MARGARITAS
Serves 4-6 **
- 1 Cup Tequila
- ½ Cup Solerno or Cointreau
- ¼ Cup Lime Juice freshly squeezed
- ¼ Cup Blood Orange Juice freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp Peychaud’s Bitters
- 2 tsp Simple Syrup or Agave
- Crushed Ice if on the rocks
- Kosher Salt
- To make the simple syrup, whisk together equal parts sugar and water in a small saucepan and boil until the sugar is completely dissolved. Allow to cool completely before using. This will keep for weeks in the refrigerator.
- Run a lime wedge around Martini (straight up) or Old Fashioned (rocks) glasses and dip the rims in Kosher salt. If serving on the rocks, fill each glass with crushed ice (if you don’t have an machine, place ice in a Ziploc bag and smash with a rolling pin or meat tenderizer).
- Pour the liquors, juices, bitters and simple syrup into a pitcher and give a quick stir to blend. You may do this in advance until ready to serve.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add ½ cup of Margarita mix. Shake well and pour into prepared glasses.
- Garnish with a Blood Orange slice or lime wedge.
**For Individual Margaritas, use 2 ounces Tequila, 1 ounce Solerno (or Cointreau), 1 ounce of each juice, ½ tsp of simple syrup and 6 shakes of Bitters.