CAESAR SALAD DRESSING (BLENDER VERSION)
This quick version of Caesar Salad Dressing is perfect if you don't have a wooden bowl or can't be bothered. This makes 3 cups and is great for doing Grilled Caesar Salad, if you want to make a large batch to serve a crowd, or simply just want to have dressing on hand in your fridge for a no fuss salad any time.
- Vitamix or Blender
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 8 Anchovy Filets
- 4 Egg Yolks
- 4 TBSP Dijon Mustard
- 1 1/2 Cups Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Tabasco
- 1 1/2 TBSP Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper freshly ground
- 1 Cup Lemon Juice freshly squeezed
- Place the eggs in a bowl and microwave on high for 20 seconds. Separate the white from the yolks. Discard the whites or save for another use.
- Place the garlic, mustard, egg yolks, anchovies and 1 TBSP of oil in a Vitamix or Blender and process to chop the garlic and anchovies.
- With the motor running, add 1 cup of the oil slowly in a steady stream. It should be very thick, like a mayonnaise.
- Add the Tabasco, Worcestershire, black pepper, 1/2 Cup of lemon juice and process until smooth.
- Add the remaining oil followed by the remaining lemon juice.
GRILLED CAESAR SALAD
- Remove the exterior leaves of the Romaine lettuce (or use Hearts of Romaine).
- Using a Kyocera or non-metal knife (there is a lettuce knife that is plastic), slice the lettuce lengthwise into quarters.
- Give the lettuce a quick rinse and pat dry.
- Place the lettuce on a grill over medium high heat and cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute until it is just beginning to char. Turn and repeat on the other side.
- Please the lettuce on a platter and spoon dressing over the top.
- Top with crushed croutons (place in a Ziploc bag and smash with a meat tenderizer) and grated Pecorino Romano or Parmigiano Reggiano.
- Make sure everything is at room temperature or the mixture will not emulsify.
- Store dressing in refrigerator for a week to 10 days.